featured wine

We currently suggest our Chardonnay Le Palajo 2018,

Domaine de la Métairie d'Alon, 

which has been awarded a 92/100 by the renowned

International Wine Challenge ! 


Chardonnay "Le Village"

Chardonnay "Le Village"

IGP Pays d'Oc

Download the PDF file

Grape variety

100% Chardonnay. Certified Organic.


Our Chardonnay comes from 5- to 25-year-old vines cultivated on clay-milestone soils on different plots: Le Souleillo, Petite Fuche and Les Plôs. The grapes are harvested by hand


The whole bunches of grapes were fed into a small 20-hl pneumatic press via a conveyor belt. No sulphur was added. The "tailles" and "queues" (first and final pressings) were discarded so as to eliminate the coarsest particles and avoid any risk of bitterness.
Static settling lasted 24 hours, after which, a portion of the wine underwent fermentation in oak (500-litre demi-muids for more subtle oak nuances in addition to 2 to 5-year-old barrels) without any added sulphur, whereas the wine fermented in stainless steel was maintained at monitored temperatures.


75% of the cuvée was aged for 8 months on the lees in the barrels the wine was fermented in and stirred once or twice. The remaining 25% was aged at low temperatures in stainless steel. Malolactic fermentation was carried out on only 20% of the cuvée. Bottled early in May.

Tasting notes

Pale gold in colour with green highlights. Intense nose boasting a great deal of complexity: white peach, ripe lemon, fresh banana, followed by notes of pastry (lemon tart, barley sugar) and a floral touch. Discrete woody notes (hazelnut, dried banana). Very well balanced and complex on the palate with lovely harmony between sensations of roundness, freshness and vivacity. Remarkable length.

Wine and Food

As an apéritif, with starters (vegetable cake, salad with goat cheese, asparagus), grilled or baked fish. Delicious with goat cheese or Comté.

Serving suggestions

Serve fresh (10°C).


Send PDF

Your pdf have been send with success.

Abbotts et Delaunay
32, avenue du Languedoc  MARSEILLETTE  France
P:+33 (0)4 68 79 00 00